When youâ€™re out enjoying a meal at your favorite restaurants in Nashua, itâ€™s easy to think that you couldnâ€™t possibly eat like this at home. Especially if itâ€™s a cuisine youâ€™re unfamiliar with, like Thai. However, Giant of Siam is happy to tell you thatâ€™s just not so!
If youâ€™re craving Thai food but canâ€™t make it out to your favorite restaurants in Nashua, try this recipe at home!
Thai Red Curry Chicken
Red curry is a common (and delicious) Thai dish made with red curry paste and cooked in coconut milk. Weâ€™ve included chicken in this recipe, but you can use any protein, such as pork, shrimp, or tofu. Like your curry extra-spicy? Add some cayenne pepper!
What Youâ€™ll Need
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- White rice
- 2 cans of coconut milk (make sure to get full fat!)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Â˝ cup baby spinach
- Â˝ cup shredded carrots
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (ground ginger is okay if thatâ€™s all you can find!)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Â˝ tbsp coconut sugar (brown sugar works, too)
- Sea salt
- Lime juice
- Put the coconut oil and diced onion into a skillet on medium heat. Cook until the onions are soft and then add a little sea salt to taste.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, coriander, and red curry paste. Stir continuously and cook until fragrant.
- Now add the coconut milk, fish sauce, coconut sugar, and chicken. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil, bring it back down to a simmer. Leave it uncovered for about 7 minutes. Donâ€™t forget to stir it occasionally, so it doesnâ€™t stick or separate.
- Add the bell pepper, spinach, and carrots. Let it simmer for another 7 minutes, or until the chicken cooks thoroughly.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat, add a little lime juice, and top it with cilantro. Serve over rice and dig in!
Rather have your favorite Thai restaurants in Nashua do the cooking for you? Come to Giant of Siam!
Stop in or contact us at (603) 595-2222. We deliver, too!